Board of Trustees Goals 2018-19
Terms are 3 yrs.
(1) Provide each stakeholder the opportunity to grow to their potential by providing best practices in teaching and learning.
--Blended and online learning opportunities
--Dual Credit Courses & Acceleration Courses (online)
--TxVSN & SUPERNET Virtual School Courses
--Model United Nations Participation
--FFA Leadership Participation
--Robotics, Computer Programming, PC Tech and STEM Curriculum including Gaming & Robotics Clubs & Summer Camps
--Cross-curricular and Hands-on Projects
(2) Expand learner responsibility through individualized learning by supporting student-centered, career & post-secondary readiness, online learning, and highly challenging STEAM curriculum
--ACT/SAT Readiness self-paced online preparation
--CTE Center & Partnership
--Career Investigation, real-world research, problem-solving and global publishing integrated across the curriculum
--FAFSA support -- Hosting "Super Saturday"
--Participating in TAP4E Partnership
--Virtual Field Trips to area colleges and universities
--Campus visits with college and career counselors
--Robotics & Programming Courses, Camps, and Clubs
--Over 5,000 hotlinks on Teacher Websites to content, curriculum, and resources
(3) Promote 24/7 digital learning & communication through policy updates and financial, technical, and online support.
--AUP, BYOT & Public Access Policies
--Boardbook for Trustees
--640 families on Twitter and SchoolWay Mobile App for school updates and news (also Remind 101, Google Classroom and Edmodo)
--Staffing for technical support
--Digital resources for every stakeholder (Parent Blog, Parent Survey, Board Agenda Item Submission form, Quickstarts, Content Videos, etc.)
(4) Provide opportunities for students to learn character development through ethical communication, collaboration, service projects and community/global involvement.
--Exceptional Visual & Performing Arts (Art, Band, Drama) and Athletic Programs
--FCA Community Service Projects
--School District Food Drive for Community Distribution
--Online Student Publication of District Newsletter
--Backpack program for Community Distribution
--Collecting Plastic Caps for Cancer Treatment
--Senior Community Service Programs
--Christmas Angel Program for Community Distribution
--District-wide Veterans' Day Celebration for area Vets & families
--Participation in Samaritan's Purse, "Operation Christmas Child"
(5) Support fiscal Responsibility in the use of alternative funding and open educational resources.
--Free Google Apps & Cloud Storage
--Over 300 Free Apps for iPad
--Free energy through Solar Collection Matrix
--Free Curriculum through OER (YouTube, iTunesU, Vemio, SUPERNet Shares, etc)
--80% Reduced expenditures through E-rate funding
(6) Maintaining a safe and secure learning environment for all stakeholders.
--Security Officer/Police Force
--Security cameras throughout the district
--District-wide alarms and alerts (Twitter, SchoolWay, Motion Detection, Fire Alarms, etc)
--Re-designed traffic loops
(7) Seek opportunities to build community/global Partnerships and Involvement.
--Participation in TAP4E Partnership
--Annual Appreciation Ceremony for Local Community Leaders
--SUPERNet Consortium Partnership
--SUPERNET Virtual High School
--TASA/TASB Professional Learning Network
--Texas Computer Education Association Professional Learning Network
--ASCD Professional Learning Network
--ISTE Professional Learning Network